For Reservations Call The Maine Saltwater Fishing Hotline 207-691-0745

For Reservations Call The Maine Saltwater Fishing Hotline 207-691-0745

Maine Saltwater Fishing Reports Blog

Welcome to the Fish Blog & saltwater fishing reports page of TIDE CHASER GUIDE SERVICE & Capt. George Harris. We're looking forward to providing you with the most up to date inshore saltwater fishing reports on the Maine coast as the Maine Striper Fishing season goes forward into 2019!!! You wont find any generic"cut & paste" reports or info here...Just pure fishing!!!

TIDE CHASER provides friendly, professional guided fly & light tackle fishing trips.
We operate our fishing TRIPS in the Mid-Coast region of Maine, from Casco Bay to Penobscot Bay. This area features an astonishing 1000 miles of jagged, pristine coastline. We focus our efforts on the broad reach of the lower Kennebec river estuary & the outer boundaries of Casco Bay...with its countless thousands of acres of untouched saltwater flats, gnarly tides that rip over rocky structure and an intricate maze of backcountry channels, It's a fly & light tackle fishermans nirvana. On any given day we can be found fishing sandy beaches, ocean front ledges, coastal tide marshes or shallow hard bottom flats. Wherever the fish are!!! Whether it's on the fly...pitching plugs or live lining frisky live baits we've got you covered check out our website for all of our trip offerings...and stay tuned for some new trips options for 2019

Welcome to Maine's #1 Striper Fishing Blog with Capt. George Harris Call 207-691-0745

My photo
Tide Chaser Guide Service Midcoast Maine's premier fly & light tackle guide service, fishing for Striped Bass, Mackerel & Bluefish , i~ USCG 100 Ton Master ~ Registered Maine Tidewater Guide ~ For reservations call 207-691-0745 ~

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Maine Striper fishing Reports 2011: Choosing a Guide Service

Greetings Everone...Welcome to my Super Fly Charters fishing reports page!!!

For those of you out there whom have not yet fished with me and are currently in the difficult process of selecting a fly & light tackle guide service for the 2011 season...to help you with this process I'd like to provide you with a bit of background info about myself describing how passionate I am about living the "Salt Life" on the coast of Maine, saltwater fishing and my fly & light tackle guide service. ~

...My name is Capt. George Harris, I am a full time saltwater fishing guide/commercial fisherman/waterman and a native of coastal Maine. Growing up in the small commercial fishing port of Rockland, I now reside nearby in the "WILD'S OF WARREN", on the banks of the St. George river...Working on and around the ocean is the only thing that I know...I have spent my entire lifetime fishing here, as well as a long 6 year stint living & fishing on both coasts of Florida, constantly perfecting and broadening the skills of my craft and it's my genuine pleasure to be able to share all that I have learned with you...

I was extremely fortunate to have become a saltwater angler at a very young age, quickly becoming addicted to the sport...The species of fish mattered very little to me...I was just as happy jigging mackeral, flounder, squid, and rock bass as I was catching the more elusive Striped Bass and Bluefish and to an extent...that still rings true!!!...growing up in the midcoast area, the waters between Casco Bay and Penobscot Bay became my playground. I have explored much of this region by boat, on foot, by canoe/kayak, with mask snorkel & fins...even with a cleverly designed home built raft or two...As an adventurous youngster, I was dubbed by much of the New England press, "a modern day Tom Sawyer" for my on the water exploits!!!

In the early 1990's...I packed all of my belongings into my battered Subaru 4X4 "fish wagon", left the Maine coast behind me and moved south to Florida to satisfy the overwhelming craving for year round saltwater fishing...It was on these proving grounds that I honed my fishing skills, prowling the beaches, flats & mangrove shorelines, passes & inlets around the Indian river near Port St.Lucie & Stuart on the east coast and Pine Island Sound, Charlotte Harbor, Tampa Bay with much of my focus on the waters from Egmont Key to Anclote key in the Gulf of Mexico...fishing for Redfish, Trout, Snook & Tarpon and many other species, spending over 250 days each year on the water. An avid SCUBA & Breathhold "free diver", I also spent considerable time underwater pursuing underwater giants like Grouper, Snapper, Hogfish, Sheepshead, Amberjack & Kingfish with the speargun!!!

With the amazing Striped Bass resurgence taking place in New England, my obsession turned into profession as I migrated back to my home waters to guide for Stripers, Bluefish, Shark, Cod & Tuna off coastal Maine. Capitalizing on a lifetime of experience fishing the Maine coast...We operate our fishing charters in the Mid-Coast region of Maine, from Casco Bay to Penobscot Bay. This area features an astonishing 1000 miles of jagged, pristine coastline. We focus our efforts on the broad reach of the lower Kennebec river estuary with its countless thousands of acres of untouched saltwater flats, gnarly tides that rip over rocky structure and an intricate maze of never ending backcountry channels, It's a fly & light tackle fishermans nirvana. On any given day we can be found fishing coastal tide marshes, shallow flats, sandy beaches and islands or ledges located offshore. Wherever the fish are!!!
My experiences as an international angler have led me to the fabled Bonefish waters of Great Abaco, Bahamas as well as bluewater fishing off it's outer chain of Cays...We have fished the north drop off Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic for Marlin, Dorado, Wahoo, Tuna and more and our excursions have led us further south to the storied Central American fishing ports of Herrudura, Quepos & Golfito, Costa Rica fishing for Snook, Roosterfish, Cubera, Tuna, Sailfish and many other bluewater giants... whether it's on the fly...pitching plugs or live lining frisky live baits we've got you covered check out our website for all of our trip offerings...and stay tuned for some new trips options for 2011

If you're intrigued about the Striped Bass, Bluefish, Shark, Bluefin Tuna and Cod fishing that we can offer you and would like to discuss it in more detail...please feel free to give us a call or shoot us an email....Also for those who have been asking there is still plenty of time to purchase that holiday gift certificate for your loved ones...
We can customize a gift certificate for any of the guided trips that we offer...
As an added bonus all of our trips are currently $50.00 off our listed rates!!!

Right now someone out there is hooking up to the fish of their dreams!!! I hope it's YOU <*(((((>{


Maine Saltwater Fishing Guide
Capt. George Harris
207-691-0745
info@superfly-charters.com
www.superfly-charters.com

No comments: