For Reservations Call The Maine Saltwater Fishing Hotline 207-691-0745

For Reservations Call The Maine Saltwater Fishing Hotline 207-691-0745

Maine Saltwater Fishing Reports Blog

Welcome to the Fish Blog & saltwater fishing reports page of TIDE CHASER GUIDE SERVICE & Capt. George Harris. We're looking forward to providing you with the most up to date inshore saltwater fishing reports on the Maine coast as the Maine Striper Fishing season goes forward into 2019!!! You wont find any generic"cut & paste" reports or info here...Just pure fishing!!!

TIDE CHASER provides friendly, professional guided fly & light tackle fishing trips.
We operate our fishing TRIPS in the Mid-Coast region of Maine, from Casco Bay to Penobscot Bay. This area features an astonishing 1000 miles of jagged, pristine coastline. We focus our efforts on the broad reach of the lower Kennebec river estuary & the outer boundaries of Casco Bay...with its countless thousands of acres of untouched saltwater flats, gnarly tides that rip over rocky structure and an intricate maze of backcountry channels, It's a fly & light tackle fishermans nirvana. On any given day we can be found fishing sandy beaches, ocean front ledges, coastal tide marshes or shallow hard bottom flats. Wherever the fish are!!! Whether it's on the fly...pitching plugs or live lining frisky live baits we've got you covered check out our website for all of our trip offerings...and stay tuned for some new trips options for 2019

Welcome to Maine's #1 Striper Fishing Blog with Capt. George Harris Call 207-691-0745

My photo
Tide Chaser Guide Service Midcoast Maine's premier fly & light tackle guide service, fishing for Striped Bass, Mackerel & Bluefish , i~ USCG 100 Ton Master ~ Registered Maine Tidewater Guide ~ For reservations call 207-691-0745 ~

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Kennebec River Striped Bass Report July 28th, 2013

Another day of repeat clients...another slay session...If you've been keeping up with this blog than you know that we are on the fish daily...this does not happen by accident. My day starts at 2:30am and I am often prepping the boat for your trip in the pitch dark hours before the sun comes up...I do this mostly because I really want my clients to have the best possible chance to catch memorable fish...I also do this in small part due to my highly competitive nature...I have a strong desire to not let anyone on the water outwork me...This hard, behind the scenes, work often goes unnoticed but that doesn't matter to me...What does matter are the shots that my clients get to take at big stripers on a daily basis...That's what drives me and that's why I'm awake before my alarm goes off at 2:30am!!
(A nice fish that we caught on a shallow sand flat in less than 2 feet of water...many more would follow)


CALL OR TEXT THE MAINE STRIPER FISHING HOTLINE FOR RESERVATIONS & THE MOST UP TO DATE REPORTS ON THE ENTIRE MAINE COAST 207-691-0745
www.superfly-charters.com

3 comments:

Arrowsic said...

I can attest to the Captain's incredible work ethic. As a client, I see it first hand. As an angler and observer, I see him daily on the Kennebec. If anything else, look at his daily catches. Incredible. Want fish??? Dial 691-0745...

Capt. George Harris said...

Thanks Ray!!
Just to keep it real...for me being a striper / saltwater fishing guide is not all about cruising up and down the Kennebec river slaying fish...it's 2:30 am alarm buzzers...It's broken rods and torn up gear...It's mechanical issues...fog & inclement weather...It's about being the Capt, Secretary, janitor and chief bottle washer...To be the guy that keeps all this running smoothly...ya gotta have some GRIT folks!!!
Today was my 45th chartered trip for the month of July...I'm sunburnt, sleep deprived, reek of mackerel & chum...I'm dead tired but I love it!!! Bring on August!! Tomorrow is a day off while the Yamaha techs at Jeff's Marine perform emergency prop shaft transplant surgery on my lower unit (rock vs. metal is bad combo) they're also going to take care of a few other mid season maintenance issues that I haven't had time for ....then it's back to work for the second half of the season starting Friday!!

Unknown said...

I can't believe you done this job. So nice and continue this project for bright future. Yamaha outboard propeller Yamaha propellers for sale. Buy your Yamaha propeller on-line today and Save. Prices are slashed up to 60% for Yamaha boat props.